In Tribe CRM, you record your relationships. Here, we distinguish between different relationship types, such as customers, prospects, suppliers or business partners. This ensures overview and better relationship management. Sometimes, however, it may be necessary to make a connection between two existing relationships in Tribe CRM. For example, to record a master, sub-office. In this case, the free master account module provides you with additional functionality.
- What functionality does the master account module offer?
- How do I activate the module?
- How do I use the master account functionality?
1. What functionality does the master account module offer?
The module allows you to create a hierarchical structure (2 layers) between multiple relationships. For example, if your customer has several locations and you also register these locations as prospect, customer or the like. By defining a master and subaccount, you can immediately see the hierarchy within this organisation.
You often see this way of working with schools, for example. All individual schools are recorded in the CRM as clients and as subaccounts of the organisation. The latter is recorded as a master account.
2. How do I activate the module?
You activate the free master account module via the account settings. To do so, follow the steps below:
- In Tribe, click on your company logo at the top right.
- Click on account settings.
- Click the add/remove modules button.
- Select the master account module.
- Click the get started button.
3. How do I use the master account functionality?
Activating the module gives you two additional fields for each relation type. These are the yes/no field Is master account and the drop-down list master account.
By taking a few simple steps, you can now get started with the master account functionality.
- Let’s start at an organisation’s headquarters. Here, activate the slider at is master account. The other master account field will now be hidden.
- Now find one of the sub-offices in Tribe CRM and open the list in the master account field. You will now see a list here of only those organisations defined as master accounts. Now select the head office. The is master account field will be hidden.
- Navigate back to the head office again. The list of all sub-offices is visible on the left-hand side of the screen in the subsidiary accounts
Master account in Tribe CRM