We use products and product rules in various activities (such as sales opportunity, projects, subscriptions and invoices). The product rules are the basis for your quotations and invoices. You can easily set up and expand your product book and then select your existing products when preparing your quotation or invoice.
This article tells you how to add new products to your database.
How do I add new products?
You record your products in the configuration. Then click on products in the menu.
First start by defining the various product groups. This way, you will create more overview of your products and you can also create reports (widgets) based on product groups if necessary. Analysing each group or comparing groups can serve as important steering information.
Then capture all your products by clicking
the + product
button. Then click Save and open to see all available fields again. Most fields are self-explanatory. However, a brief explanation of some of the fields:
- Recurrence: When using the subscriptions module, it is important to also enter the recurrence frequency of a product, e.g. monthly, yearly etc. This is necessary for calculating the product on the invoice.
- Ledger account: If you use a financial link such as Exact Online or Snelstart, this field is automatically filled with the value from the accounting package.
- Stock: This field is filled automatically when you use the link with Exact Online Commerce.
The sliders under the Settings section:
- Divisible: turn this slider on when you want to work with half or one-and-a-half units, for example.
- Price changeable: turn this slider on when the user is allowed to change the price of the product from the default price when entering the sales opportunity line.
- VAT modifiable: Check this slider when the user is allowed to modify the VAT % of the product compared to the default setup of the product when entering the sales opportunity line.
- Description editable: Check this slider when the user is allowed to edit the description of the product compared to the default description of the product when entering the opportunity line.